The Copy Ninja
The Copy Ninja
'It was not only a good learning experience, but interesting and entertaining. It was really great to see someone so passionate about their craft after so many years, and I sort of fell in love with what I do again because of this.'
'... I came away with lots of ideas for my writing, so thank you. It makes me think that maybe sometime I could do some freelance too. :)'
A masterclass of copywriting and ideation skills
Already writing, but think you might be missing a trick? Want to explore the nuances of well-crafted copy? How to come up with an idea, how to sell it - then handle feedback?
This highly practical day takes you from the brief, to production.
Along the way, we’ll review, refine and boost an example of your own writing, as well as create a fresh one.
Learn the award-winning techniques to make you an even better copywriter.
- is already writing, but wants to take it up a notch
- needs a refresher and boost
- is experienced in writing, but not in copy
- wants to do more writing, rather than outsource
- has taken a break, and wants to get back into it
- wants an insight into how a copywriter works
- needs to present ideas and copy
- has to deal with feedback and changes
Discover and embed deep copywriting skills
A hands-on, practical and tailored experience
Where & When:
9am to 5pm
Melbourne, Sydney – see dates and locations, below
Auckland: Tuesday 12 March, 2019
If the dates don't work for you, how about running it in-house?
- The role of the brief:
- Why a brief matters
- The key elements of a good brief
- Templates and samples
- The copy foundations:
- A reminder of the basic copywriting process
- Five powerful structures:
- Inverted pyramid
- Getting started:
- Facing the blank page
- In-class exercise to start, structure, refine and finish a piece of copy
- Writing the wrongs:
- Common writing and structure issues
- Basic mistakes in language
- Idea generation techniques
- Top 10 analogies
- Ten questions to get to an idea
- Pitching your ideas:
- Tips for selling an idea or copy
- Presentation techniques
- How to structure a presentation
- Handling feedback:
- Death by committee
- Death by a thousand cuts
- Handling changes in the brief
- How to incorporate changes
- Ensuring your idea is honoured
- The 2-out-of-3 rule
$595 per attendee (inc. GST)
$535 early bird (inc. GST)
$635 per attendee (inc. GST)
$575 early bird (inc. GST)
|4.4.2019||Melbourne||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 07 March 2019||Register|
|22.5.2019||Sydney||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 24 April 2019||Register|