'Excellent opportunity to have a go without feeling like an idiot. Very practical.'
'The material was relevant, useful and presented in a fun manner. It covered the process of copywriting, which is what I wanted and I know I’ll use back at work. One of the best courses I’ve done.'
The fundamentals of good copy
For over 20 years, my most popular course.
A dynamic, stimulating and often-unexpected exploration of copywriting.
Let me share the practical tips gathered over 30+ years.
Working in groups, the day is full of exercises and examples. Learn how to craft emails, websites, headlines and more. Discover the techniques to write punchier copy quicker, and better. In a way that's easy, and accessible.
You’ll walk out knowing how to write, what to write, and why.
- is (relatively) new to copywriting
- needs a refresher
- wants to build skills in-house
- wants to understand how their agency thinks
- designs but also needs to write
- runs their own business (and the marketing of it)
- is changing roles and having to do more copy
- wants (or is thinking about) a career change
Demystify the process and skills for copywriting
A one-day, highly interactive and practical workshop
Where & When
9am to 5pm
Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney - see dates and locations, below
Auckland: Monday March 11 2019
Wellington: Thursday March 14 2019
If the dates don't work for you, how about running it in-house?
- The homework (before you put pen to paper):
- Who: tips for thinking about your audience
- What: understanding what you’re writing about
- Why: a compelling proposition
- Where: the choice of medium
- What’s the big idea?
- Idea generation techniques
- Four formulae for ‘instant’ ideas
- The copywriting process:
- Tackling the blank page
- Write, then edit
- The power of punctuation
- The Socratic opening
- How to close your copy
- The copy skeleton: how to structure a piece of copy
- Being digital:
- Writing for the web: what’s different, and why
- Writing for skimmers
- Email tips to get them opened and read
- Subject line tips
- The secret for great banner ads
- A quick guide to social
$595 per attendee (inc. GST)
$535 early bird (inc. GST)
$635 per attendee (inc. GST)
$575 early bird (inc. GST)
|12.2.2019||Sydney||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 15 January 2019||Register|
|19.2.2019||Melbourne||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 22 January 2019||Register|
|7.3.2019||Brisbane||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 07 February 2019||Register|
|11.3.2019||Auckland||9am to 5pm||$635 - $575 Early Bird by 11 February 2019||Register|
|14.3.2019||Wellington||9am to 5pm||$635 - $575 Early Bird by 14 February 2019||Register|
|28.3.2019||Perth||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 28 February 2019||Register|
|30.4.2019||Brisbane||9am to 5pm||$595 - $535 Early Bird by 02 April 2019||Register|
|21.5.2019||Sydney||9am to 5pm||$595 - $0 Early Bird by 23 April 2019||Register|